Personal Finance & Money Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who want to be financially literate. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I lived in State1 for the first 10 months of 2012, and then State2 for the remainder of the year. I've already e-filed my federal return and my state return for State1. However, my tax software wouldn't let me e-file my state return for State2, so I'm filing it via mail.

I'm sending my W-2 form from my job in State2. Do I also need to include my W-2 form from my other job in State1?

share|improve this question
What do the state's tax form instruction say? – user102008 Feb 5 '13 at 2:07
Good point. Post it as an answer, and I'll accept it. Thanks! – WEFX Feb 5 '13 at 15:12
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Using the advice of @user102008 , I read-through the booklet of State2, and it said the following:

Also, enclose:
• All W-2s and 1099s on which [State2] and/or county tax withholding amounts appear
• Any 1099G showing unemployment compensation, and
• A check/money order, if applicable.

... so I'm not going to include my State1 W-2s.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.