Some of my relatives would like to donate or move an apartment on my name. However, there are a few things...
- I am a Romanian citizen living in the US (on a non-immigrant visa)
- The apartment is in Romania
- My relatives will still live in that apartment
My questions are:
- What are the tax implications for me, as a Romanian living in the US? Do I have to pay any taxes for this operation?
- Can the apartment be "donated"? Or will it be a gift?
- Where should I seek more information about this in the US?
PS: I will not charge rent or something for the apartment