I currently utilize ING Direct for savings and checking via Electric Orange and Orange savings accounts. However, two features of their bank have stopped me from truly utilizing their services to the fullest extent possible, namely they only allow you to have one electric orange account and they do not let you have more than 25 accounts open with them at any one time.
I have my direct deposit enter my electric orange account, and then I transfer my money into separate savings accounts to "reserve" the money for when the bill is due. This works fantastically well for me, but the problem is I've reached the limit of accounts they will let me have open.
Combine this with the fact that you can only have a single electric orange checking account and it becomes a hindrance where I can't understand why their rules work in this way.
Are there any online bank options besides ING Direct that provide online checking/savings products with similar features like:
- Quick additional account creation when you're already a member,
- No-fee checking (either with or without paper checks, I seldom use paper checks)
- No-fee bill pay (since I normally use bill pay rather than paper checks)
- No-fee overdraft protection (ING instead runs a line of credit if you overdraft, a lifesaver in my opinion!)
- Allow more than one of said checking accounts and more than 25 total accounts?