Personal Finance & Money Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who want to be financially literate. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Suppose I want to pay for a house with my own funds expect that they are stuck in deposits that I can't redeem immediately. Is there any way I can get say a 40 lakh loan for a tenure of 1 year?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

One can get a Loan against security(or colletral) for any amount for whatever duration.

If you already have FD, you can ask your bank to mark a lien on the FD's and give you a loan. More better open an current account with Over Draft limit. The rate charged is typically around 1 to 1.5% more than the FD rate. As it would be a current account, you will only be charged to the extent you use the account.

You can also get similar facility for your car or any other such assets, Gold for example, shares from

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.